Polycarbonate is a new type of thermoplastic engineering plastics. Polycarbonate has excellent electrical insulation and mechanical properties. Especially, its impact resistance is the most outstanding and toughness is very high. It can be used in a wide temperature range (-100-130 C), with high transparency (known as "transparent metal"), non-toxicity and easy processing and forming. It can not only replace some metals, but also replace glass, wood and so on. In recent years, polycarbonate has developed rapidly, and has been widely used in machinery, automobile, aircraft, instruments, electrical appliances and other industries.
Polycarbonate is a kind of macromolecule compound containing carbonate in molecular chain.
Polycarbonate is a new type of thermoplastic with transparency up to 90%. It is known as transparent metal.
Hard and tough, with high impact resistance, high dimensional stability and wide range of service temperature.
Good insulation, heat resistance and non-toxicity.
Combustion characteristics of polycarbonate:
Slow burning, slow extinguishing after fire, yellow flame, black soot and carbon beam. After burning, the plastic melts and bubbles, giving off a special odor of flowers and fruits.
The specific gravity of polycarbonate is 1.20, transparent and yellowish in color.
Properties of polycarbonate:
Polycarbonate resin has developed many modified varieties through copolymerization, blending and reinforcement.
The blend of polycarbonate resin and polyolefin has higher impact toughness, boiling water resistance and aging resistance.
The melting viscosity and injection temperature decrease, so it is easy to process and form. After blending the polycarbonate with the 20-40% ABS resin,
It has excellent comprehensive properties, including high mechanical strength and heat resistance of polycarbonate resin, and good fluidity of ABS.
Easy to process, the performance indicators are mostly between polycarbonate and ABS.
Polycarbonate is mainly used in the production of industrial products to replace metals and other alloys.
In the mechanical industry for impact resistance and high strength parts. Glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate has metal-like properties.
It can replace copper, zinc and aluminium iso-die castings.
ABS resin is a copolymer of acrylonitrile (A), butadiene (B) and styrene (S). ABS resin maintains the excellent electrical properties and easy processing formability of styrene, and increases the elasticity, strength (butadiene properties), heat resistance and corrosion resistance (excellent properties of acrylonitrile), and has high surface hardness and good chemical resistance. At the same time, by changing the three components mentioned above, ABS resin has good surface hardness and chemical resistance. Proportion can change the various properties of ABS, so ABS engineering plastics have a wide range of uses, mainly for machinery, electrical, textile, automotive and shipbuilding industries.
ABS plastic specific gravity: 1.05 g/cubic centimeter forming shrinkage: 0.4-0.7%
Forming temperature: 200-240 drying condition: 80-90 2 hours
1. Good comprehensive performance, high impact strength, chemical stability and good electrical performance.
2. It has good fusibility with 372 PMMA and can be made into two-color plastic parts. It can also be coated with chromium and sprayed with paint.
3. High impact resistance, high heat resistance, flame retardant, enhanced and transparent grade.
4. Fluidity is slightly worse than HIPS, better than PMMA, PC and so on, good flexibility.
Usage: Suitable for making general mechanical parts, wear-resistant parts, transmission parts and telecommunication parts.
1. Amorphous materials with medium fluidity and high moisture absorption must be fully dried. Plastic parts with glossy surface should be preheated for a long time and dried at 80-90 degrees for 3 hours.
2. It is advisable to take high material temperature and high mould temperature, but the material temperature is too high to decompose easily (decomposition temperature is > 270 degrees). For plastic parts with high precision, the mould temperature should be 50-60 degrees, and for high gloss and heat-resistant plastic parts, the mould temperature should be 60-80 degrees.
3. In order to solve the problem of water entrainment, the material fluidity should be improved, such as high material temperature, high modulus temperature, or changing the water level.
4. If heat-resistant or flame-retardant materials are formed, plastic decomposition will remain on the surface of the die after 3-7 days of production, which will cause the surface of the die to shine, and the die should be cleaned up in time. At the same time, the exhaust position of the die surface should be increased.